Best Gadgets

Money Heist (Netflix)

Disclaimer: I do not own the photos or gifs posted here. It's what I got from the net. CTTO

I really don't see the hype.

First 4 episodes and I'm doped. I just don't see it. It casted me with doubt. I even asked my Facebook friends if this gets any better. Luckily, they advised me to just stick with it. After one season, I see why it's one of the most talked about shows in Netflix.

I think what it failed to do is make a proper build up for each episode. Some of the scenes, I can easily predict what is going to happen or is going to be said by a character. I sometimes surprise myself when I say it in parallel with the character saying the line.

La Casa de Papel it's original title in Spanish, is about a heist. About 9 people to be exact, led by the professor. And 8 different characters who would act as his hands as they rob the Spanish Royal mint office, well as they say it's not technically robbing because they are printing money that has not been disposed yet.

First few episodes and I am already irritated by Tokyo's over the top flare. Also distracting is Denver's stoner laugh. I love two characters actually in general, Berlin and Nairobi which I think are in direct contrast of each other but they are the leader types. The professor as brains of the operation ties the loose ends of his plans or those that his accomplice had overlooked or broke.

Inspector Murillo the supposed protagonist of the story has been manipulated too much in the series which makes her a little dumb to the tactics of the professor. I don't know. Bella Ciao is a very catchy song indeed.

Season 2 seems promising though.


3.5/5 stars for now.

Comments

Facebook Widget

Popular Posts