Best Gadgets

The Last Kingdom (Netflix)

Disclaimer: I do not own the photos or gifs posted here. It's what I got from the net. CTTO. Some Spoilers but not that major.

I am a fan of Medieval warfare and those of Mythology. That being said I loved this show a lot. In the story we follow Uhtred. Season one is about Uhtred's transition from being a true heir of his kingdom to being a captive and growing as Dane. It's a kind of hard life that you might have if you lived through that time with England in an annual breach from the Vikings of the North seeking for land and silver. The intensity of each fight scenes and reality is too good for this one. And for the girls it doesn't hurt that the protagonist is an eye candy don't you think?


Uhtred goes to the kingdom of Wessex where he becomes King Alfred's pawn. Wessex being the last (christian) kingdom needed a savior. And this is where the story takes off. Right now, the story has taken up three seasons where Uhtred's loyalty is tested upon by the Danes and the Saxons. It's a great epic to say the least and I have taken a loving at the pacing and the story line. Season four is slated for the end of April, so if you want to catch up you might want to binge watch on this one. I promise this is a no non-sense kind of show.

5/5 stars. I'm biased, I know.

Comments

Facebook Widget

Popular Posts